February 18, 2010 - Sven Huisman
NetApp Rapid Cloning Utility 3.0 now available!
NetApp just announced the release of the Rapid Cloning utility (RCU):
NetApp is proud to announce the release of the Rapid Cloning Utility 3.0. This release brings many new features to assist virtual data center administrators with managing their server and desktop environments to further reduce management overhead associated with traditional storage deployments.
Here is a list of some of the new or expanded features and support for RCU 3.0:
- VMware vSphere 4.0 support
- VMware vApp support
- Data ONTAP 7.3.2, 7.3.3, and 8.0 7-mode support
- MultiStore support (requires Data ONTAP 7.3.3)
- 64-bit platform support
- Automatic import wizard into VMware View 4
- Create export file for Citrix XenDesktop 4.0
- Re-deploy VMs from a baseline image
- Create clones in qTree-based datastores
- Create clones in designated VM folders
- vCenter alert for misaligned source VM
- ‘Add storage system’ wizard with option to change attributes
- API enhanced to create, destroy and resize datastores, as well as re-deploy VMs
- Select virtual hard drive type (thin or thick) for clones
- Match guest host name to VM name when using a Customer Sysprep Answer File
- Clone nvram with VM
- Improved security for NFS datastore export
Read the rest of the announcement of the release of NetApp Rapid Cloning Utility.