December 22, 2009 - Sven Huisman
Quest vWorkspace – Version 7.0 released
Quest Software announced the availability of the newest version of Quest vWorkspace, a desktop virtualization solution for simplifying the provisioning, management and use of virtual desktops. In addition to its support of the VMware platform, vWorkspace also now supports VMware Linked Clones, which reduce shared storage disk space requirements. Other new features enhance the end-user experience and expand desktop platform choices. vWorkspace manages, provisions and brokers connections, transforming the desktop infrastructure into an on-demand service with optimized user experience for LAN and WAN.
Quest vWorkspace simplifies desktop virtualization by:
- Accelerating application delivery to the desktop
- Reducing the cost of application delivery and desktop deployment by leveraging existing investments
- Providing workforce flexibility and administration agility by enabling a customized environment
- Improving security, compliance, DR and business continuity with centralization and strong authentication
- Delivering an improved end-user experience
Watch a demo of the new platform support.