February 19, 2009 - Sven Huisman
Free software: Third Brigade VM Protection
I received some information from a company called Third Brigade today. The mail was marked as spam, but when I read it, I thought it was quiet interesting (because they offered free software off course).
Traditional network security controls and virtual security applications cannot provide sufficient protection for virtualised and cloud computing servers. But Third Brigade VM Protection can.
VM Protection is free enterprise software that quickly establishes a line of defense, for virtual machines, whether deployed in a private or public cloud.
Protects up to 100 VMs with:
- Intrusion detection (IDS)
- Integrity Monitoring
- Log Inspection
- Detects suspicious and malicious activity
- Enforces security policies
- Ensures compliance with PCI and other regulations
- Protects Windows and Linux VMs running in any virtualized environment (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft), or a cloud computing environment such as Amazon EC2 or GoGrid.
- Centralized management
- Integrates with VMware® vCenter
When I look at the press release date, it’s from December 8th. I guess they mailed me because they are present at VMworld Europe 2009 and wanted to draw some extra attention. It worked.
It’s worth the look at. You can download VM Protection now.