July 31, 2008 - Sven Huisman
Next release of Xenserver public beta release available now
The Citrix blog announces the following news:
The public beta is available of the next release of Xenserver. Highlights of the release include:
- Automated high availability
- Windows Server 2008 guest support
- Persistent performance statistics and metrics
- Fully integrated Fibre Channel multipath support with configuration via XenCenter
- VM grouping, searching and tagging
- Email alerts
- Disaster recovery for VM metadata
- Active/active NIC aggregation
- Xen hypervisor updated to version 3.2
- XenConvert P2V migration tool
- Wider hardware support
…and many more.
As stated, automatic HA will be available out of the box. In another blogpost, they explain a little further about this new feature:
The built-in HA capability isn’t your only option, of course. Our partners will continue to provide solutions that also incorporate application-level protection, replication, remote protection, policy-based management, true continuous availability, and more. But there will be a powerful HA capability that will meet the business continuity needs of most IT organizations right in the box.
In this case, “our partners” is actually Marathon technologies, as I wrote a couple of weeks ago.